Visitation Policy ChangesTo better protect the health and well being of our patients during the current flu outbreak, Clark Regional Medical Center has made changes to visitation policies in two of our patient care areas, effective immediately until further notice.
Center for Women & Babies – Only immediate family of the mothers & infants will be permitted on the unit (parent of infants, siblings, and grandparents). We ask that all other family and friends use the nursery viewing windows to visit with baby.
Transitional Care Unit –Only immediate family will be permitted on the unit (spouse, children, and siblings).
- Children: All children (under the age 18) must be accompanied by an adult at ALL times.
- Entrances: All entrances are open from 6:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. After 9:00 p.m. you must enter through the Emergency Department admitting doors.
- Overnight Visiting: Any visitor staying after 9:00 pm should report to the respective nursing station to receive a visitor's sticker which will identify the visitor's name, date, patient visiting, unit and room number.
- Telephone Usage: There are no restrictions on patients placing outgoing calls in rooms with accessible phones. Families are encouraged to call before 9:00 p.m. to accomodate patient care needs. Any phone calls received after 9:00 p.m. will be forwarded to the appropriate nursing station.
- Each unit has specific visitation guidelines (outlined below).
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- No visitation from 6:30 am to 8:30 am or from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Limit of two visitors per patient.
- All visitors should use the telephone outside the Intensive Care Unit entrance to check with ICU personnel before visiting.
- No children under age 14 may visit without special permission from the primary nurse.
- No food permitted in patient areas.
- Family members of Intensive Care Unit patients may spend the night in the ICU waiting room area - limit two per patient.
- After a physician has seen the patient, two visitors are allowed.
- Pediatric patients may have parents/caregivers in attendance at all times.
- Visitors may be restricted due to patient care needs.
- Visitors must stay in the patient area (not the hallway) or in designated waiting area.
Medical Surgical Unit
- Visiting hours are 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Patients are allowed two visitors at a time.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be cleared by the Nurse Supervisors and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Only one visitor of the same gender will be allowed to stay overnight in a semi-private room.
- All visitors staying after 9:00 p.m. must report to the Medical Surgical Unit nursing station to receive a visitor identification sticker.
- No visitors allowed when patient is being prepared for surgery. Once ready, two visitors are allowed.
- One visitor will be allowed in the Holding Room if there are no extenuating circumstances.
- No visitors are allowed in the Recovery Room.
- After surgery/procedure, two visitors are allowed to go to the patient room once the patient is settled and accessed.
- To better protect the health and well being of our patients during the current flu outbreak. Clark Regional Medical Center has made changes to the visitation policy for our Transitional Care Unit. Only immediate family members of our residents will be permitted on the unit (spouse, children, and siblings).
Center for Women & Babies
- To better protect the health and well being of our patients during the flu season (Nov - March), Clark Regional Medical Center has made changes to the visitation policy for our Center for Women & Babies. Only immediate family members of the mothers & infants will be permitted on the unit (parent of infants, siblings, and grandparents). We ask that all other family and friends use the nursery viewing windows to visit with baby.
- Open visitation may be allowed in the labor hall based upon the discretion of the nurse providing patient care. Visitors are allowed to stand or sit in the hallway outside the labor hall.
- Only one visitor is allowed to stay the night with patient in a private room.
- About Us
- Central Registration
- Online Pre-Registration
- Clark Cafe
- Directions & Map
- Duke LifePoint Quality Affiliate
- Hospital Map
- Gift Shop
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Pastoral Care
- Online Bill Payment
- Online Nursery
- Restaurants & Lodging
- Visiting Hours
- Supplier Information
- Virtual Tour
- Mission, Vision and High Five
- Sponsorship Request