When you're experiencing a stroke, every single second counts. That's why Clark Regional Medical Center has partnered with Specialists on Call to bring teleneurology services to our ER.
What is Teleneurology?
Teleneurology is a remarkable, high-tech system that visually connects the patient and our ER team to a specially trained neurologist at Specialists On Call. The teleneurology equipment allows the ER team to partner with the neurologist for fast evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of patients. The result is expert care with no time lost driving to a distant facility or waiting for a specialist to arrive.
Know The Symptoms - B.E. F.A.S.T.
B.E. F.A.S.T. is an easy way to remember the sudden symptoms of a stroke:
- Balance: Does the person have trouble walking?
- Eyes: Does the person have trouble seeing.
- Face: Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile and check if the smile is uneven.
- Arms: Is one arm weak or numb? Ask the person to raise both arms. Is one arm raised unevenly?
- Speech: Is speech slurred? Is the person suddenly difficult to understand?
- Time: If someone shows any of these symptoms, call 911. Symptoms can be pronounced, or they can be more subtle, so if you have any doubts, be sure to get them to a hospital. Take note of the time when symptoms first appeared so you can relay that information to medical personnel.
We're always looking for ways to offer you better care
Clark Regional Medical Center is committed to always improving the healthcare services in our community. With time of the utmost importance during a stroke, this new partnership can make all the difference in your recovery.
You never know when a stroke will occur. If you have questions, or just want to be more prepared, give us a call at (859) 745-3500.