Our patients' visitors are welcome guests. In compliance with CDC guidance, visitors at Clark Regional Medical Center will have the option to mask. A mask will be provided upon request.
The companionship of loved ones can aid in a speedy recovery, however, rest and therapy are important too. For that reason we encourage friends and loved ones to limit their visits to short periods within our visiting hours.
Visiting hours and rules vary for each department due to the specific needs of their patients. Please see the guidelines below for each department when planning your visit.
- Children: All children (under the age 18) must be accompanied by an adult at ALL times.
- Entrances: All entrances are open from 6:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. After 9:00 p.m. you must enter through the Emergency Department admitting doors.
- Overnight Visiting: Any visitor staying after 9:00 pm should report to the respective nursing station to receive a visitor's sticker which will identify the visitor's name, date, patient visiting, unit and room number.
- Telephone Usage: There are no restrictions on patients placing outgoing calls in rooms with accessible phones. Families are encouraged to call before 9:00 p.m. to accommodate patient care needs. Any phone calls received after 9:00 p.m. will be forwarded to the appropriate nursing station.
- Each unit has specific visitation guidelines (outlined below).
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- No visitation from 6:30 am to 8:30 am or from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Limit of two visitors per patient.
- All visitors should use the telephone outside the Intensive Care Unit entrance to check with ICU personnel before visiting.
- No children under age 14 may visit without special permission from the primary nurse.
- No food permitted in patient areas.
- Family members of Intensive Care Unit patients may spend the night in the ICU waiting room area - limit two per patient.
- After a physician has seen the patient, two visitors are allowed.
- Pediatric patients may have parents/caregivers in attendance at all times.
- Visitors may be restricted due to patient care needs.
- Visitors must stay in the patient area (not the hallway) or in designated waiting area.
Medical Surgical Unit
- Visiting hours are 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Patients are allowed two visitors at a time.
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be cleared by the Nurse Supervisors and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Visitors staying after 9:00 p.m. must report to the Medical Surgical Unit nursing station to receive a visitor identification sticker.
- No visitors allowed when patient is being prepared for surgery. Once ready, two visitors are allowed.
- One visitor will be allowed in the Holding Room if there are no extenuating circumstances.
- No visitors are allowed in the Recovery Room.
- After surgery/procedure, two visitors are allowed to go to the patient room once the patient is settled and accessed.
- During the day visitor activity will be directed by the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse.
Center for Women & Babies
- No children under the age of 14 are allowed to visit the unit unless they are a sibling of the baby being born.
- Children under the age of 14 (even siblings) are not allowed to attend the actual delivery.
- Siblings count as a visitor and need to be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times (other than the birthing person).