Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Cardiology Close To Home
You try to stay physically active, eat wholesome foods, limit sugar and sodium, and manage stress to heart health. If heart problems arise, however, it’s important to have a hospital in your corner. Cardiology at Clark Regional Medical Center is here to help you stay strong and live long for those closest to your heart.
If you feel shortness of breath with physical exertion or are having trouble controlling your blood pressure with medications, your primary care doctor may refer you to a cardiologist. Never overlook chest pain or discomfort. If you or a loved one notice signs of a heart attack, call 911 immediately. CRMC offers you an accredited chest pain facility right here in Winchester.
Remember seconds can save lives.
Making heart health a priority
Heart health is about more than just your heart. Blood pressure, cholesterol, family history and other factors all play important roles in keeping your heart strong. If you have questions about your heart health but aren’t quite sure where to begin, start with a heart health assessment and learn more about any risks you may have for heart-related conditions. Your journey to a stronger heart starts here.
Heart Services On Campus
We use the latest technology to diagnose heart conditions and start you on the road to recovery.
• Heart event monitors record your heart’s electrical rhythms while you move and rest.
• Nuclear stress tests use a low-emission radioactive material to map the flow of blood through your heart and the rest of your body.
• Transesophageal echocardiography uses sound waves to form a picture of your heart health using a thin tube inserted through the esophagus.
No matter the heart complication, we are here to walk you through next steps. For interventional procedures, we refer patients to our partners at the Gill Heart & Vascular Network at UK Healthcare.
CALL (888) 847-DOCS TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH CHARLES R. SALTERS, JR., MD AT CLARK REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER.
“I work with all patients to understand their specific condition and take care of them in a way that makes them feel comfortable and at home with the management plan.”
– Charles R. Salters, Jr., MD, board-certified invasive non-interventional cardiologist at Clark Regional Medical Center and Gill Heart & Vascular Network, UK Healthcare
To improve quality of life for individuals diagnosed with heart and lung disease, Clark Regional Medical Center offers individualized, exercise-based rehabilitation overseen by a full team including a physician, a nurse, a respiratory therapist, an occupational therapist and a physical therapist.
The comprehensive program helps patients recover from procedures and make lasting changes for a healthier and happier life.
The program includes:
• In-depth meeting with staff and review of medical information
• Preliminary six-minute walk test
• Regular appointments — two to three times per week for three months
• Supervised exercise
• Education for lifestyle modifications, including diet and exercise
Recovering from heart or lung disease can be a challenge, but you don’t have to go it alone.
“I’ve learned to build exercise time into my schedule, putting myself first, since preventive health boosts my energy, productivity and overall self-confidence.”
–Mary Farris, a Winchester resident and patient
Chest Pain & More
Chest pain could suggest a heart attack if coupled with these symptoms:
• Change in heart rhythm
• Shortness of breath
• Upper body discomfort
While the symptoms listed above were previously associated with both men and women, medical professionals now realize that the signs of heart attack in women can be more subtle, including:
• Abnormal back or upper body discomfort
• Feelings of weakness or illness
• Problems sleeping
“If you have an inkling something is wrong, seek help immediately,” says Charles R. Salters, Jr., MD, board-certified invasive noninterventional cardiologist who partners with us and is also affiliated with Gill Heart & Vascular Network, UK Healthcare. “We are equipped to diagnose all cardiac conditions.”
We can prevent or decrease the risk of heart attack or heart failure if we make the diagnosis early.
- Center for Wound Care
- Children's Therapy Center
- Clark Clinic
- Clark Clinic Urgent Care
- Clark Regional Outpatient Imaging
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care
- Interventional Pain Management
- Mother & Baby
- Orthopedic Services
- Sleep Center
- Transitional Care
- The Wellness Center
- WorkPoint Wellness, Wellness Works